[coreboot] Fwd: [patch] tint payload update

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue Sep 21 01:01:53 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 02:19:22PM -0600, Marc Jones wrote:
> I had updated the instructions and then you changed them.  It is
> automatic if you have tint in the payloads directory. The tint build
> calls the libpayload make and installs in the tint directory.

Ah, I probably missed that you should do

 cd coreboot/payloads

instead of

 cd coreboot/payloads/external/tint

as I would have expected.

But still, the build fails for me on a fresh checkout with your
instructions from the wiki (before I changed stuff there):

svn co svn://coreboot.org/coreboot/trunk coreboot
cd coreboot/payloads
wget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/t/tint/tint_0.03b.tar.gz
tar xfvz tint_0.03b.tar.gz
cd tint-0.03b
svn export svn://coreboot.org/coreboot/trunk/payloads/external/tint/libpayload_tint.patch
patch -p1 < libpayload_tint.patch
make

Building libpayload @ ../libpayload.
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/uwe/coreboot/payloads/libpayload'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/uwe/coreboot/payloads/libpayload'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/uwe/coreboot/payloads/libpayload'
*** Default configuration is based on 'configs/defconfig'
*
* libpayload Configuration
*
*
* Generic Options
*
Experimental Options (EXPERIMENTAL) [N/y/?] n
[...]
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/uwe/coreboot/payloads/libpayload'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/uwe/coreboot/payloads/libpayload'
  CC      build/arch/i386/head.S.o
  CC      build/arch/i386/main.o
[...]
  CC      build/curses/colors.o
  AR      build/lib/libpayload.a
  CP      build/lib/i386/head.o
  INSTALL /home/uwe/coreboot/payloads/tint-0.03b/./libpayloadbin/libpayload/lib
  INSTALL /home/uwe/coreboot/payloads/tint-0.03b/./libpayloadbin/libpayload/include
  INSTALL /home/uwe/coreboot/payloads/tint-0.03b/./libpayloadbin/libpayload/bin
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/uwe/coreboot/payloads/libpayload'
  LPCC      tint.o
basename: missing operand
Try `basename --help' for more information.
  LPCC      engine.o
basename: missing operand
Try `basename --help' for more information.
  LPCC      io.o
basename: missing operand
Try `basename --help' for more information.
io.c: In function ‘io_init’:
io.c:102: warning: array subscript is above array bounds
io.c:103: warning: array subscript is above array bounds
  LPCC      utils.o
basename: missing operand
Try `basename --help' for more information.
  LPCC      tint.elf
basename: missing operand
Try `basename --help' for more information.
make: only-keep-debug: Command not found
make: [tint.elf] Error 127 (ignored)
make: strip-debug: Command not found
make: [tint.elf] Error 127 (ignored)
/bin/sh: add-gnu-debuglink=tint.debug: not found
make: [tint.elf] Error 127 (ignored)

This is the problem where $CC is not being set for some reason and thus
"basename $CC" becomes just "basename", hence the error.

Uwe.
--
http://hermann-uwe.de     | http://sigrok.org
http://randomprojects.org | http://unmaintained-free-software.org