[coreboot] XP is very slow on coreboot with SeaBIOS

Jiang Wang jwangzju at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 18:47:24 CEST 2011

Hi there,

My colleagues and me tested Windows XP SP3 on coreboot and SeaBIOS on
ASUS M2V MX-SE motherboard. The XP is very slow when opening a new
window (such as Visual Studio) and when suspending and waking up. We
tried original AMI bios, which is much faster. Also, we noticed that
on coreboot and SeaBIOS, interrupts some times consume about 20-60%
CPU usage, which is very strange.

We tried two coreboot version: 6179 and 6460. Both are slow. The
SeaBIOS version is 0.6.1

I am not sure whether it is coreboot or SeaBIOS problem. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Jiang