[coreboot] Where is the source code of Coreboot for PPC?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Apr 3 02:13:04 CEST 2011

Hamo wrote:
> As I want to port Coreboot to ARM, I need to study the structure of
> Coreboot. Since Coreboot supported PPC once, I want to study the
> structure of the source code.

Is a good idea.

> But I can't find it. Can someone help me? Thanks.

It will be in the current coreboot repository. I suggest you go
backwards in steps of 1000 commits, and when it's there I think you
should also try to build the code. Note that it will probably use the
old v2 style of configuring and building. (Use buildtarget in the
mainboards directory, it's a little odd.) The ppc stuff has not been
tested for a long time so it's possible that you would have to go
back another 1000 revs to get a working build, once you find a rev
that has the code.

I think that we by now may be making a few PC-only assumptions in the
coreboot code, but in principle we do not want to, so if there are
any and they are identified then we want to not have them anymore. :)

//Peter