[coreboot] Failed to launch windows 7 and two more questions ...

Boris Shpoungin wmk587 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 23:31:22 CEST 2011

We are considering to use coreboot for our developing board.

I downloaded latest version of coreboot + seabios and compiled it for emulation. I tried to launch windows 7 in qemu with coreboot bios and got the following error:

"Windows failed to load because the firmware (BIOS) is not ACPI
compatible"

Can anyone clarify why I get this error and what i did wrong?

Two more questions:

Could you recommend any manual which describe coreboot porting process to new not supported platform? Does it exist at all?

Could you provide rough effort estimate to port coreboot to new unsupported platform?

Thank you.