[coreboot] Dell Latitude D820

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 20 15:30:24 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 20.04.2011, 09:07 -0400 schrieb Philippe LeCavalier:

[…]

> To ensure I fully comprehend the risk here...Backing up the BIOS isn't
> my insurance policy; I'd actually have to replace the chip?

Yes. When you flash coreboot to your only chip and it does not work you
have no means to flash the backup to the chip using your system. Having
no backup chip you would need to take it out (probably soldered when
using laptops) and use a different compatible system or an external
programmer to flash the backup to it.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul