[coreboot] Modifying Coreboot to support a new processor

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 10:03:23 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 5:40 AM, Dsouza, Malcolm <
malcolm.dsouza at igatepatni.com> wrote:

> **
>
>    1. I am trying to work out an overview of the changes required for a
>    start; a bird’s eye view of what the changes could turn out to be. What is
>    the best approach for this?
>
> As Stefan and Corey pointed out, the changes are non-trivial and the
knowledge to make those changes is difficult to get at.

If Coreboot is important for your project then I suggest considering an AMD
platform. They actively support Coreboot for their latest processors and
chipsets, so porting effort for your project is minimal.