[coreboot] Marketing: Please send stories/news about coreboot to the list.

Cristian Măgherușan-Stanciu cristi.magherusan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 18:43:35 CEST 2011

Hi,

I also did a similar setup with coreboot on my Asrock E350M1 (the one
I bought from Peter at Linuxtag) but didn't document it yet either. I
am glad that someone else is trying to do the same, hopefully we can
exchange tips and tricks for such a setup.

I used a plain Ubuntu, installed XBMC-git packages from a PPA(the
stable version still lacks VAAPI support), then somehow got the VAAPI
video acceleration work with the ATi proprietary drivers.
Most of the stuff seems to work, but I have some stability issues and
kernel panics sometimes when initiating video playback. I blame the
XBMC version that I currently use, but the 3.0 Linux kernel which I
ended up using and the ATi drivers which might not be mature either.

I use a full-blown distribution as of yet, so the boot speed
performance is much worse than Marshall's, but I needed a full system
that I can sometimes use as a home computer.

I will try to document this as soon as I can.

Cristi