[coreboot] Creating patches (was: POST code error "EE")

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 20 12:10:01 CEST 2011

Dear Tadas, dear Abhinav,

Am Samstag, den 20.08.2011, 12:37 +0300 schrieb Tadas Slotkus:

> nice to hear it boots :)

it really is! Good work both of you.

> I believe you have git installed, and downloaded tree with git clone
> command. So in directory src/mainboard/jetway/j7bxan run:
> "git add ."
> this will start tracking j7bxan dir files. Use git add to any other
> files if you have created them.
>
> then in the root coreboot directory:
> "git add -u"
> this will add file modifications you have done to tree
>
> also in root:
> "git diff --find-copies-harder --cached > j7bxan.diff"
> this will prepare an initial patch.

In my opinion if would be better to commit each change [1]

    git diff --check
    git commit -s -a

and document the change in the commit message. Then send them in using
Gerrit [1][2] or use

	git format-patch -2 # number can be

and use `git send-email` to send them in for review to the list.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/Git
[2] http://review.coreboot.org/