[coreboot] CPU Multiplier in coreboot

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Tue Aug 30 21:11:19 CEST 2011

On 30.8.2011 13:58, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I was just researching the available options to coreboot/seabios and
> noticed that it might not be possible to change CPU multiplier/memory
> timings. I know coreboot obtains the timings from the SPD but what if
> one would want to change these when using coreboot? With the traditional
> bios, that always has been one of the 'normal' features. How is this
> handled in coreboot?

Well now most of the stuff is done "auto" approach. But I implemented for one
board changing memory voltage/ht voltage/base CPU clock. So in fact you are free
to do what you want but you must implement the missing bits. The memory clocks
can be changed via CMOS options for example.

If you need more info please let us know.

Thanks
Rudolf