[coreboot] Persimmon LAN problem with coreboot

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 04:48:15 CET 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Wolfgang Kamp - datakamp
<wmkamp at datakamp.de> wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>

> it looks that the PCI enumeration of the LAN chip works fine, but then the
> register access fails.
>
> So lspci -vvnn lists the Realtec LAN [10ec/8168] correct, but network test
> fails to access the register.
>
> It's not possible to read out the MAC address. 0xFF on all places will be
> returned.
>
> I have attached the coreboot log file.
>
> On line 375 PCI: 01:00.0 [10ec/8168] enabled shows the bus.
>
> On line 994 down I can see assertion fails on AmdInitLate process.
>
> What does this mean? Can you help?
>

> Thanks

I don't see anything that might be causing the MAC to be blanked, but
this has been reported in other places this week. I am working on a
patch for the cpulateinit assert, but I don't know if it will fix the
issue you are seeing. I think that there are some problems with the C0
release and we need to work through them. Please post what you find in
your debug.

Thanks,
Marc

--