[coreboot] ASUS P5KPL-AM Let's play

nap caracol at neuf.fr
Thu Dec 15 20:11:28 CET 2011

Let's play and contribute... Comments welcome.

The motherboard is a vanilla G31/ICH7 microATX with a LGA775 socket and
an accessible socketed DIP8.
See: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5KPLAM/
The CPU is currently a Pentium E5300.

I have cloned the coreboot git tree and started to play with Kconfig and
read the code, to add the pieces for the support of the ASUS P5KLM-AM
board, if possible.

I have got the MB/CPU/NB/SB datasheets.

My immediate goal is to get some debug complaints from a coreboot image.

>From a first browsing of the supported motherboards, I have found the
LENOVO T60 laptop as the nearest from a CPU/chipset perspective
945GM/ICH7, but I suppose I will probably need to get pieces from an ATX MB.

I have put a renamed copy of the T60 in the motherboards/ASUS folder.

My current problems are, starting from the intel/model_f4x:
	what is a cpu_device_id (seems like a pci id) ?
	how to get the cpu_device_id(s) to put in cpu_table ?
	how is derived the cpu/intel/model name from them ?
	how to properly set the include and microcode list ?
	how to get the proper microcode ?
	how to name the 775 socket, maybe LGA775 ?
Enough for now.

nap