[coreboot] Help with RX serial interrupts?

Votier, Sean (DS-1) SVotier at drs-ds.com
Tue Feb 8 21:15:49 CET 2011

Designation: Non-SSA/Finmeccanica

Hi all.

I would like to apologise for being a lurker on this list and only
popping up when I need help. But I need help...........

I've run into an issue that has been stumping my for the last couple of
weeks.

I'm developing bios code for a GE CR-11 Compact PCI board.

The chips I'm working with are:

1.06 Mhz Pentium M

E7520 Northbridge

6300ESB Southbridge

I'm initialising the SIU in the Southbridge. I have the port configured.
I can see data transmitted and received from and to the serial port
using a scope on the serial cable and also on my emulator but I can't
seem to get the receive side to generate an interrupt. Does anyone have
experience with serial interrupts on this hardware? Can you run through
the steps involved for a very simple rx interrupt config just in case I
missed something in the Intel docs. Know of an pitfalls?

    Thanks in advance for the help.

                  Sean

3.1.1001