[coreboot] searching volunteer to install coreboot on asus m4a78 pro

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 18:32:54 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:03 AM, xdrudis <xdrudis at tinet.cat> wrote:
;;;

>> * AMD Athlon II X4 615e support
>
> I have a Phenom II X4 910e
> Looks quite similar. Yours is revision RB_C3 also, I think?
>
> I found fidvid.c did not suppport this version and coreboot
> hanged while setting frequency and voltage of the CPU.
> I've apparently fixed it but I have a 1600 lines patch,
> and I really should see how to break it up in chunks that
> can be reasonably reviewed . In fact for fidvid.c itself
> the patch is bigger than the file. I hope I can do something
> this weekend to break into decent patches...

It would be good to see this. The AMD BKDG has changed with regard to
the VID setup since the code was added. I think that dual PVI works
well, but SVI is suspect in my recent review of it. They two are not
as different as once indicated.

The fid shouldn't require too much change. There are some features
that are not supported, but nothing that should prevent booting at
maxfid.

> My board still doesn't boot though. It currently gets to
> ram stage and hangs while enabling pci devices. It's similar
> to a problem I found in romstage and I worked around it with
> a patch that wasn't probably the right approach (it wasn't commited).
> This time I'll have to see what's causing it (likely that I have
> an RX781, not an RS780, it's more or less the same without
> graphics, but I may have to tweak something somehow).

This should be a matter of getting your lspci and the devicetree to
match up. If there is no graphics, you will need to remove that and
also look for any uma stuff that might be left around.

>> * ECC Memory support
>
> Not sure this works

I think this works, but Zheng may be able to confirm when he is back
from holiday.

Marc

--
http://se-eng.com