[coreboot] Seeing the output messages

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Wed Feb 16 19:35:44 CET 2011

On 02/16/2011 08:09 PM, Joseph Smith wrote:
> On 02/16/2011 05:15 AM, ali hagigat wrote:
>> Joe,
>> I wonder if you can answer my questions if you really know about them.
>> I do not have any mother board with Coreboot support now. I am
>> reviewing the code statically.
>> Regards
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Joseph Smith<joe at settoplinux.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Why don't you try it and find out!
>>>
> Of course I do. I have written code for several of boards in the
> coreboot tree. And several more I am working on. printk output goes to
> the serial console until vga starts and then it goes to both until the
> OS takes over.
>
> Maybe you should get a coreboot running on a board.... no way better to
> learn than to get your hands dirty, then maybe you will stop asking all
> these silly newbie questions.

]+1
]
]Alex
]
]P.S. How do I initialize the cup holder in coreboot?

If a real board is not available, AMD simnow can be used to test one
of the AMD projects. It is free and available for both windows and
linux. It can even capture the serial output as shown here:
http://www.coreboot.org/Build_from_Windows

Thanks,
Scott