[coreboot] [superiotool] patch for smsc mec1308

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Feb 17 02:09:06 CET 2011

Auf 17.02.2011 01:11, David Hendricks schrieb:
> Attached is a patch to add support for the SMSC MEC1308 embedded controller.
>
> Unfortunately, the device ID it conflicts with another SMSC Super IO chip,
> the FDC37M81x. However, since superiotool does not really support the
> FDC37M81x in any really useful capacity, I think it's fair to just disable
> it for now.

Unless I'm mistaken, this patch brings the MEC1308 to the level of
support the FDC37M81x had before your patch. I was just looking at the
line count per chip, so maybe there is some key information I'm missing.
Could you please enlighten me what "not really supported" means in this
context? Thanks!

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--