[coreboot] Will coreboot work on my Shuttle X27?

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Thu Feb 17 19:16:52 CET 2011

* Jørn Odberg <jorn.odberg at gmail.com> [110217 15:49]:
> 1) This is a Shuttle X27 , dual Intel Atom CPU 330.

This system is fairly similar to the Intel D945GCLF board that is
already supported by coreboot. You will have to adapt the SuperIO
settings in devicetree.cb and romstage.c to the ite/it8718f though.

> superiotool r3844
> Found ITE IT8718F (id=0x8718, rev=0x5) at 0x2e

Make sure you have a backup BIOS chip and a means of recovery as well as
a serial null modem cable for the debug messages.

Stefan