[coreboot] Help for motherboard

sh4r4d at gmail.com sh4r4d at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 12:39:03 CET 2011

Hi All,

I wanted to build a new Desktop workstation with currently available
CPU and motherboard that is supported by Coreboot bios, I have
searched few links for it

e.g.
  Ubuntu-certified hardware http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/
  Zareason http://zareason.com/shop/home.php
  AMD Processors - Recommended Motherboards
  http://products.amd.com/pages/recommendedmbfilter.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

But these site mention hardware where gnu/linux could run easily, but
they do not inform about coreboot bios compatibility.

And checked
http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards for searching suitable
motherboard, seen coreboot related video in youtube.

But I did not found here new Intel and AMD cpu for motherboards in
Desktop/Workstation section (except Laptop)
mentioned for e.g.
  Intel Core 7i
  Intel Core 3i and similar AMD's latest.

So finally I like to know do these newer CPU's any motherboard going
to be supported in near future, So I will purchase that motherboard.

I want to find it out as it will be difficult to change hardware than
software later. Please suggest which CPU/motherboard combination is
good with coreboot.

--
Regards,
-sharad