[coreboot] Help for motherboard

Alex G. mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 18:57:56 CET 2011

On 02/19/2011 06:58 PM, sh4r4d at gmail.com wrote:

> I wanted general purpose regular desktop for programming, internet,
> GNU/Linux with common servers dovecote, tomcat, apache etc

Probably a socket AM2+ board will be best for you if you want to run
coreboot.

The Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H is the only AM3 board supported. Someone
recently had a problem getting it to run, but at worst, it needs a bit
of tweaking. It has a COM port header, so we can use that to debug if
something may not be working. It doesn't include the adapter for the com
port, but that should be cheap to get.

http://www.coreboot.org/GIGABYTE_GA-MA785GMT-UD2H

The board has 4 hardware versions, so you may encounter issues depending
on which version you get. I'd definitely suggest AM3 versus the older
AM2/AM2+.

You can also pick your favorite board and port it (which we'd all love :p ).

Alex