[coreboot] incomplete documentation

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coreboot.org
Sun Jan 2 17:55:37 CET 2011

On 1/2/11 10:00 AM, ali hagigat wrote:
> Coreboot declares a complete documentation of some chips by:
> http://www.coreboot.org/Datasheets
> and particularly 82815E by:
> http://www.coreboot.org/Datasheets#Intel_82801BA.2FBAM_.28ICH2.29
>
> Where is the documentation for integrated graphics controller of this
> chip? Only the explanation of some configuration registers are
> available.
Is this an Intel chip? Why don't you ask Intel?

> Why Coreboot site maintainers do not clearly express that the
> necessary documentation for BIOS developing is not available? Even the
> open documents you have added in Data-sheet section are not complete
Please, stop trolling, it is really tiresome. We explained this
especially to you before, that getting documentation for BIOS
development is hard, and especially hard with Intel systems. If you
don't want to listen, or don't want to learn, please just go away.

Stefan