[coreboot] Support for Google CR-48/Atom N455

Cristi Magherusan cristi.magherusan at net.utcluj.ro
Mon Jan 3 18:07:28 CET 2011

În Dum, Ianuarie 2, 2011 4:31, Brandon White a scris:
> Hello all. Someone was accidentally sent a CR-48 that had Windows 7
> pre-installed and an actual BIOS instead of Google's EFI. Anways, he
> uploaded the BIOS, I was able to flash it and after that I installed
> Ubuntu
> as a dual boot with Chrome OS. I was wondering if Coreboot was possible on
>  this machine? I have attached everything asked for in the wiki.
>
> Thanks,
> Brandon
> --

Hello,

Flashrom seems to support your flash, but writes weren't tested/confirmed
to work yet on the flashrom wiki. Did you flash it using Frashrom?

The ICH7 southbridge is supported, no idea about the northbridge, you
might need doc from Intel, which is hard to get unless you have an NDA.

If you are lucky, the SMSC SCH5317 SuperIO might be easy to support, by
porting the code for SCH5307 which is already supported.

I have no clue about the other  superIO chip or what could it be used for.
maybe we don't need it at all for system init.

Also, thew board might have an Embedded Controller, which might make
things even harder.

Good luck!
Cristi