[coreboot] Boot slows down on Tyan 1832DL (440BX)

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Mon Jan 10 12:55:51 CET 2011

Am 10.01.2011 12:18, schrieb Roger:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 08:26:52AM +0100, Rudolf Marek wrote:
>> This looks like the IRQ routing for PCI slots is incomplete/wrong. I think you
>> need to fix it in PIR MPTable and in ACPI. Fix whatever tables you are using.
> I would presume grep the coreboot source for those terms?
These are managed per board for now. Look in your board's directory for
mptable.c, irq_tables.c and dsdt.asl. If these don't exist (or aren't
enabled in Kconfig), you're not doing any such configuration yet, which
Linux might or might not like, which seems to differ between kernel
releases.
> However, it's probably getting to that point where I need to create a new
> profile for the S1832DL.
If you do, please copy the s1846 sources with "svn cp
src/mainboard/tyan/s1846 src/mainboard/tyan/s1832dl", and move your
changes into the new directory. This ensures that the patches vs. the
old board are easier to review (only the changes against the old board),
and that your files keep repository history.
This should also help a bit with keeping your board up to date, but
really, if you manage to get into Linux at all, the code is ready for
publication in my opinion.
Your benefit of early publication: When we do some sweeping changes
across the tree, we try to drag your board along (not always
successfully, but the biggest part is done). If you have a local copy,
you're on your own.

Patrick