[coreboot] Coreboot Hackathon

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jan 18 11:09:32 CET 2011

Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Well for all those Europeans which might feel bit sad that
> California is "far far way" I have a following proposal.
>
> Lets meet in Prague for a weekend in April/May.

These are really awesome initiatives! I wish I could come to both,
but I guess it'll be Prague for me.

In any case, we also have a good opportunity to meet up during
FOSDEM, and I hope that a lot of people will be there.

Last year we did the devroom and that pretty much kept everyone
occupied full time. This year it is "only" an expo stand and a talk,
but I think there will still not be a lot of time for hacking - so
the hackathons are a wonderful idea.

> Prague is not so distant:
>
> Prague - Dresden - 153km
> Prague - Wien - 334km
> Prague - Nurnberg - 291km

I might come by car from Berlin, and could of course pick up some
passengers along the way.

> I created some doodle (which contains just fridays from the intended
> weekends).
>
> http://doodle.com/2n4h3gcugwvs6c9k

Note that LinuxTag has moved into May (11-14) so we should plan a
date around that somehow cleverly. I think the first two weekends
in May are out, but question is if we want to do hackathon before
or after LinuxTag.

At LinuxTag there are usually more people interested in using
coreboot than developing, but there are exceptions, and it would be
great to invite those who are interested to the hackathon.

//Peter