[coreboot] Geode GX2 VGA problems

Nils njacobs8 at hetnet.nl
Wed Jan 19 21:51:36 CET 2011

Hi Stefan,
Op woensdag 19 januari 2011 07:58:10 schreef u:

> > Could the problem have anything to do with the fact that the VSA2 code
> > runs in a different memory region? (setup by oprom)
> > And therefore the video bars GP, VP and DC are also in a different
> > address range so VSA2 or VGAbios can not find them?
>
> which VSA are you using?

I am using a self made one because there seems to be no working GX2 version
available.
It is a slightly modified version of the OLPC version found at:

https://dev.laptop.org/git/geode-
vsa/commit/?id=16a691129d1c375a943c3ec807728c9acb4febe6

And i replaced lxvg by softvg from:
https://dev.laptop.org/git/geode-
vsa/commit/?id=330a5424ebb2c5e5d24a7fafa03f79e0ad44f954

Altough i don't exactly know how al the interactions between coreboot(oprom)
softvg(vsa2) and vgabios work( via bar registers) , i think i am on to
something.
I found that in softvg/gxhwctl.c the bars are hardcoded to the 0x41000000
range as in the Wyse vendor bios and that in lxvg/lxhwctl.c the range is
calculated.
I wil investigate/test this some more.

Could someone recommend a easy to read online description about the
interaction between bios-vgabios-vgaregisters-pcibars?

Thanks, Nils.