[coreboot] missing read_resources for CK804

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu Jan 27 14:38:31 CET 2011

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 06:15:34 -0700, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org>
wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Working on a new CK804 board
> Which board did you base it on? What are the differences?

I based it on the Asus A8N-E. The only differences are:

1. A8N-E supports 1 Athlon64 dualcore CPU, My board (Asus K8N-DRE) supports
2 Opteron dualcore CPU's
2. SuperIO's are different.

But besides that, all the rest of the hardware is the same as far as I can
tell.

>> and I have it almost booting but it seems the
>> resource allocator does not like / or want to enumerate the CK804.
>
> It fails before resource allocation, at device enumeration.  It's hard
> to tell from the log why it went south, but are you sure that the
> Southbridge is on HT link 1?

I have no idea how can I tell?
Is there a way to tell what HT link it is on with the factory bios?

> Here's a snippet from my log showing the
> CK804 being found.
>
> PCI: Using configuration type 1
> PCI: 00:00.0 [10de/005e] ops
> PCI: 00:00.0 [10de/005e] enabled
> Capability: type 0x08 @ 0x44
> flags: 0x01e0
> PCI: 00:00.0 count: 000f static_count: 000f
> PCI: 00:00.0 [10de/005e] enabled next_unitid: 000f
> PCI: pci_scan_bus for bus 00
> PCI: 00:00.0 [10de/005e] enabled
> PCI: 00:01.0 [10de/0051] bus ops
> PCI: 00:01.0 [10de/0051] enabled
> PCI: 00:01.1 [10de/0052] bus ops
> PCI: 00:01.1 [10de/0052] enabled
> PCI: 00:02.0 [10de/005a] ops
>
> Here's roughly the same point in your log:
>
> PCI: 00:18.3 [1022/1103] ops
> PCI: 00:18.3 [1022/1103] enabled
> PCI: pci_scan_bus returning with max=000
> PCI_DOMAIN: 0000 passpw: enabled
> scan_static_bus for Root Device done
> done

Wow mine looks very wrong....

If you would like to take alook at the code I have so far, let me know I
can email it to you. Thanks for help Myles.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org