[coreboot] Coreboot on AMD Geode; No VGA

Nils njacobs8 at hetnet.nl
Tue Jul 12 20:55:37 CEST 2011

Andrew Bolster wrote:
> Can anyone point me in the direction of how to set up coreboot +
> seabios so that it actually uses the VGA?

I am struggling with the same problem for some time now.
Extracting the original VGA as Peter suggests won't work because the LX
VSA we use is stripped down and doesn't have the graphics init routines
in it anymore.

The most promising solution that should work (i didn't test it yet) i
could find is this: http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/190/
It seems Chris is not working on it anymore and Kevin did not approve it
in it's current state for inclusion in Seabios.

Thanks, Nils.