[coreboot] a couple gerrit things

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jul 16 19:04:00 CEST 2011

Marc Jones wrote:
> If a patch is cherrypicked from gerrit and pushed again, it
> doesn't need a new signoff. I think that anyone that pushes a
> change should add a signoff.

Actually I think they need to - someone pushing the patch is supposed
to say that they can, that's one reason for the signoff to start
with.

> It might help prevent the unintentional push.

Difficult. A hook that checks if the new commit is any different from
the previous one would avoid duplicate pushes, but would also block
updating commit messages, which could be desirable.

A few unintentional pushes do not matter IMO as long as each
developer sorts out the configuration and procedures after
discovering the mistake. Most are learning gerrit and more are
learning git so of course there will be a few bumps. No big deal as
long as we get them fixed I think.

//Peter