[coreboot] Questions about how to record hardware information on ARM

Hamo hamo.by at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:05:11 CEST 2011

Hi lists,
As I have moved forward to writing the ramstage, much more problems came out.
PCI devices are just extra devices that can be used but not key
devices like those on X86. Most devices on ARM are connected through
AHBA bus and can be configured by reading and writing data from and
into the control registers. So we need a new way to record the
information of hardware instead of depending on the enumerate and init
functions of PCI devices.
This is hard for me since the format we are using to record
information is highly depending on PCI bus. We need to design a new
format for ARM.

Could anyone help me? Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks,
Hamo