[coreboot] [rfc] ACPI cleanup proposal

Mark Marshall mark.marshall at csr.com
Fri Jun 3 13:54:30 CEST 2011

On 02/06/2011 19:20, Cristian Măgherușan-Stanciu wrote:
> I found a few issues in the patch, please try the one attached to this
> message instead.
> Sorry for the clumsiness.
>
> ~Cristi

Hi.

In the new functions, all of the form acpi_write_foo, there is a pointer
passed in that is of type acpi_header_t, called foo.  This "in"
parameter is then set to a value by the new function?  This doesn't seem
to be correct - either the acpi_header_t * variable should be local to
the function or it should be a "in/out" parameter?

(I think dsdt, for instance, should be in/out.  hpet should be local to
acpi_write_hpet).

MM