[coreboot] Wyse S10

Nils njacobs8 at hetnet.nl
Sun Jun 5 23:14:27 CEST 2011

Hello Mohammed,

You wrote:

>First off, I have just stumbled onto this project after tearing my hair
>out
>with a Wyse S10 and the ultra crappy BIOS it comes with.
That's the reason i started to port the Wyse S50 to coreboot.:)

>I have searched the archives of this DL and I see a few people have
>played
>with installing coreboot on a Wyse S10.
>Has anyone gotten it to successfully work?
Not that i know, but it seems the hardware is the same as the S50.
The S50 port is still a work in progress as i have little time to spent
on Coreboot.
At the moment i am fighting SerialICE to be able to debug the original
BIOS to get enough information to get early VGA working.
If you are a programmer, i could use some help. :)
The current state of the S50 port boots Linux and is useable with the
kernel GX2 VGA driver.
Early VGA and ACPI are not supported yet so windows will probably not
work.

Greetings, Nils.