[coreboot] Is this board supported?

Thomas Rohloff v10lator at myway.de
Thu Jun 9 02:57:13 CEST 2011

Am Fri, 3 Jun 2011 20:43:17 +0200
schrieb Stefan Reinauer <stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org>:

> If someone with the hardware steps up to do a port there is a chance
> indeed.
I googled a bit and found somebody called "Jonathan A. Kollasch". He
wrote that he has a board with the same north- and southbridge. This
message was from 12.04. at 23:06. If anybody has his message (subject:
"SB850 SERR# routinh (almost off-topic)") please re-send it to me
because his e-mail isn't shown in the mailing list archives found by
google but I would like to speak to him. :)

> That someone could be you! :-)
I don't think so. I know all the documentation is there but my coding
skills are extreme poor.
> Also be sure that you have any means of recovery. A second flash chip
> if yours is socketed, or an external eeprom burner for instance.
I would buy a secound chip if I could help with it, but I don't think I
could do more then testing.
> Have not looked into it, but I believe I read that the 3core/4core
> switch is done by some code running on the EC, so it might not be a
> lot of work on the bios side.
What is EC? Is this a chip called "UCC" by AsRock?