[coreboot] Questions about coreboot on X86

Hamo hamo.by at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:44:20 CEST 2011

Dear lists,
I have been studying the boot process of coreboot more deeply, and
following questions came out:
1. Which code clean the bss and set sp pointer to the stack? Since
those addresses are defined in coreboot_ram.ld, Should it be in
ramstage? If so, where are they? I don't find them. If not, where are
they and how do they know the addresses of bss and stack?
2. What's the propose of romstage? Some init in romstage has been done
in bootblock, and why those init are done twice?

Thanks,
Hamo

--
    """
    Keep It Simple,Stupid.

Chinese Name: 白杨
Nick Name: Hamo
Homepage: http://hamobai.com/
GPG KEY ID: 0xA4691A33
Key fingerprint = 09D5 2D78 8E2B 0995 CF8E  4331 33C4 3D24 A469 1A33