[coreboot] coreboot support: difference between ASRock E350M1 and ASRock E350M1/USB3

Marshall Buschman mbuschman at lucidmachines.com
Fri Jun 17 00:58:56 CEST 2011

I own both boards - both do work, BUT there are still bugs:
USB3 and built-in NIC do not work on either by default.
Memory is only reported as roughly 512mb at this point.

You're welcome to help. :)

As far as your other question... I'm not sure what you mean...
USB3 is a physically different connector, with a different pinout
entirely, although it does retain backward compatibility with USB2. See
http://www.addonics.com/emerging_technologies/usb3_tutorial.asp

If you're referring to the bios chips themselves, they're DIP8s -- both
the USB3 and the regular E350M1 use the same kind of chip, but the
BIOSes themselves do differ.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks!
-Marshall