[coreboot] ASRock E350M1: Boot delay with debug enabled, system RAM reported incorrectly in Linux

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Jun 19 22:05:49 CEST 2011

Scott Duplichan wrote:
> The real problem is that the asl code for \_SB.PCI0._CRS is using
> uninitialized variable TOM1. The default value of aaaaaaaa from
> from line 267 of family14/ssdt.asl is being used.

Good find. Many thanks Scott.

> Somehow the OS does need to know where the PCI hole can safely start.
> It can't start immediately after the end of low ram because of uma.
> \_SB.PCI0._CRS is one way to pass this information. This method
> requires passing data from coreboot to asl, which is a pain.

Is it neccessarily that bad? Rudolf has developed some functions to
build AML at coreboot run time. It sounds like they might help?

> I wonder if just reserving the uma range in the e820 map is
> sufficient? I will try to do some experiments tonight.

Maybe short term, but the only real solution is indeed to store the
correct value from coreboot processing into AML.

> If you can send me a binary or otherwise let me recreate the serial
> logging problem, I will take a look.

http://stuge.se/stuge_e350m1_47b3fb_4mb.bin

//Peter