[coreboot] Questions about CBFS

Hamo hamo.by at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 04:17:30 CEST 2011

Hi Patrick,
This time I come to romstage. As I know, After walkcbfs in bootblock,
we return the entry from struct cbfs_stage. This entry is copied from
the ELF header's entry point of romstage.elf. This is generated by the
compile process of romstage. But the really address we place the
romstage in the rom is found by cbfstool, and we run the romstage just
in the rom, not copying it to the ram. So I need to make the entry
point to the address we place the romstage in rom. Am I wrong?
If so, what's the really process that bootblock passes control to
romstage. If not, How could I predict the really address that we place
romstage in rom just before we compile the romstage( Since we need the
entry address as ldscript to compile it).

Thanks very much for your continuously help!
Hamo