[coreboot] ASRock E350M1: Boot delay with debug enabled, system RAM reported incorrectly in Linux

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Mon Jun 20 05:17:09 CEST 2011

Peter Stuge wrote:

]> If you can send me a binary or otherwise let me recreate the serial
]> logging problem, I will take a look.
]
]http://stuge.se/stuge_e350m1_47b3fb_4mb.bin

Hello Peter,

Thanks. This shows the problem on my board. I have not been in
the habit of enabling kconfig option console_post, and that is why
I did not see the problem at first. I noticed the post code logging
in Marshall's log file, but forgot to try adding that to mine. The
problem is caused when code logs to the serial port before it is
initialized. This happens with the first two post calls to post_code().
Apparently the baud rate defaults to some really slow value, causing
the those 24 characters to take a long time to transmit. The attached
patch is one way to fix the problem. It looks like this problem
potentially affects several other coreboot projects.

Thanks,
Scott