[coreboot] looking for coreboot snapshots

Thomas Gstädtner thomas at gstaedtner.net
Thu Jun 23 02:23:52 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 00:16, Scott Duplichan <scott at notabs.org> wrote:
> Stefan Tauner wrote:
>
> ]> Hello,
> ]>
> ]> Is there a way to download an archived snapshot of recent coreboot source
> ]> code?
> ]
> ]gitweb can create snapshots on the fly.
> ]i am not sure if the gitweb integration is completed so YMMV.
> ]http://review.coreboot.org/gitweb?p=coreboot.git;a=summary
>
> This is working well, but the filename confuses 7-zip. For example,
> coreboot-3352b29.tar.gz would be more accurately named
> coreboot-3352b29.tar.gz.gz I believe. Does anyone know how to update the
> filename, or better yet remove the redundant gzip pass?

I can confirm this behavior and figured out what causes it:
The gitweb config should OK, it delivers it as it should. However, the
webserver does the additional packing, no idea why - but it appears
the config is messed up.
It's easy to reproduce:
wget $snapshot <- this produces a proper tar.gz file
wget --header="accept-encoding: gzip" $snapshot <- this produces the
wrong .tar.gz file that is doubly-gzipped.
So the webserver delivers this when the http client accepts gzip compression.