[coreboot] [RFC] integrating the Wiki into the source repository

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 23 21:59:37 CEST 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 23.06.2011, 17:09 +0200 schrieb Benjamin Henrion:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Patrick Georgi <patrick at georgi-clan.de> wrote:

[…]

> > Long term idea:
> > What about moving our Wiki to our source repo (ikiwiki allows SCMs in the
> > backend), eg using the Documentation/ hierarchy for the website.
>
> Ikiwiki has a basic web interface, which is not handy if you want web edition.

The question is how many users are doing Web edits when they could use
their editor and how many non-developers are doing edits.

> And having to setup SSH keys and all the blah just to contribute is
> way to hard for many users.

Did I say that Joey Hess implemented awesome features for ikiwiki. One
is untrusted Git pushs [1] to be able to use Git directly to make the
same changes you are allowed to do using the Web interface.

> MoinMoin2.0 should have SCM support, but I have no idea of the status.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://ikiwiki.info/tips/untrusted_git_push/