[coreboot] Support for Core i3 and better

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Mar 12 14:14:56 CET 2011

Oleg Gvozdev wrote:
> i dont want to spend money on unworking system
>
> I just need as much powerfull CPU as it can be to use with
> Coreboot.

If you are willing to spend a bit of time with the source code, and
you have programming experience and knowledge of CPUs then I think
you'll be successful. As was pointed out, I'm not sure the higher
end multicore CPUs have been tested on recent boards, however.

You would help the project and your fellow CPU power needing person
by testing with coreboot and worst case spending some time to get
things to work.

In general, if what you need is to pay for something that you do not
want to touch, then open source is the wrong answer.

If you are looking for a service provider that can create a solution
then there are a few of those within the coreboot community as well.
Explain a bit more about your requirements and one of them could get
in touch, if this is what you seek.

//Peter