[coreboot] Mail from a student who wants to apply for coreboot GSoC project

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 19:27:39 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Hamo <hamo.by at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi lists,
> This is a student from China who wants to apply for coreboot GSoC
> project. I am now studying Computer Science and Technology in Hebei
> University of Technology, which is a key university in China. I
> ardently love low-level developing.
> For this project, I want to do something on ARM. So I want to help
> finish the idea that porting coreboot to Marvell ARM SOC's with PCIe.
> Can someone give me some suggestions?

Hi Hamo,

Welcome to coreboot. While you are  working on your project idea you
should also be making yourself familiar with coreboot. Please go
through the process of downloading, building, and running coreboot on
a mainboard, or SimNow, or QEMU.

When considering your project, think about the hardware and tools you
will need for development. Bari, Ron, and Jason may have some
recommendations on what target to use.

Marc

--
http://se-eng.com