[coreboot] Stutter on boot for Geos embedded board

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sun Mar 27 07:09:59 CEST 2011

Hi.

I'm seeing the following... When rebooting from Linux, Linux shuts down and I see "machine restart." then the grub prompt, grub eventually tries to load something, but seems to fail, and I see the Coreboot messages, then I see the grub prompt again, and the second time it tries to load Linux it succeeds.

So in the end it boots, but it's annoying and adds to the load time.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if it's a known issue?

Also, is there a reboot=xxx value that would be a suitable workaround for this?

This is Coreboot 3.0 on a Geos.

Oh, almost forgot: is there a fixed area in memory that I can detect the platform name?  I'm trying to have a Linux module that's platform specific (leds-geos.c) fail to load on any other platform.

Thanks,

-Philip