[coreboot] Support for Jasper Forest and Sandy bridge on coreboot

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Tue Mar 29 03:21:43 CEST 2011

* sharib khan <sharib4444 at gmail.com> [110328 11:36]:
> It is possible for us to get the boot sequence and other required documents for
> these processors.

You will have to get NDAed information from Intel about this.

> Could you highlight what are the necessary changes required in coreboot while
> integrating a new processor.

Please have a look at the existing chipsets. I suggest having a look at
the i945 northbridge and ich7 southbridge code.

Expect a new chipset/processor combination to be around 6-12 months of
(fulltime) work, depending on your level of expertize.

> Also with my limited understanding of coreboot as of now I am assuming we
> should be able to use standard linux
> device drivers to support devices on our board. Is that correct?

Yes, you can use the same Linux drivers that you use on a non-coreboot
system. They won't help you with the hardware initialization that
coreboot does, though.

Stefan