[coreboot] ARM Toolchain for coreboot

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon May 9 14:48:43 CEST 2011

Patrick Georgi wrote:
> > Why did you choose CodeSourcery? I do not know much about it and how
> > difficult it is to obtain and install. But would not the GNU GCC be also
> > good enough for compiling for ARM?
>
> CodeSourcery is one of the main gcc developers/service providers.
> Their products are (very likely) all gcc-based.

Right. In particular the G++ Lite product is nothing but an ARM cross
compile toolchain with GCC and binutils.

Download at
http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/arm/portal/release1592

Source is also available. For Linux I recommend the "Advanced Package"
with only a tarball because their installer script has not worked
very well for me.

//Peter