[coreboot] Coreboot issues with ASRock E350m1

Marshall Buschman mbuschman at lucidmachines.com
Fri May 27 06:38:23 CEST 2011

Hello:

I was instructed to send mail to you by Carebear from #coreboot.
I have some issues to report based on the "Golden Image" I received from
him, which was created for the ASRock E350M1.

After booting, my Linux kernel panics like this:
http://www.lucidmachines.com/coreboot/panic-lm-patched-2.6.39.txt

I should mention that this is a slightly modified
(http://www.lucidmachines.com/coreboot/2.6.39-pci-do-fixups.txt) kernel,
patched to enable PCI Quirks only for a specific PCI ID: the video card.
This is done so that the radeon firmware blobs can be loaded, enabling
KMS, while not delaying my boot for 800ms.
I have not tested this specific thing on a vanilla kernel, but it does
work perfectly on a normal BIOS.

CareBear told me to enable ACPI (and try it with the vanilla kernel),
and it no longer panics, but he did note the following quirks:

[ 0.137098] Extended Config Space enabled on 0 nodes
[ 0.178984] ACPI: (supports S0 S5)
[ 0.289970] Unable to assume _OSC PCIe control. Disabling ASPM
[ 0.310267] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link INTA (IRQs 3 4 5 7 10 11 12 15) *0,
disabled.
This last error is repeated for INTB to INTH

Other issues:
* Network card is not recognized at all (works fine with stock BIOS)
* Total system RAM is reported as 480 Megabytes, actual system ram is
4096mbytes.

The image I have does not have serial output enabled - I am working on
getting another image compiled for better debug output - unfortunately,
my time tonight is extremely limited, as I begin traveling tomorrow.
I will return on Tuesday, May 31st, and will be unable to return emails
until then.

I do look forward to working with all of you on this.

Thank you!
-Marshall Buschman