[coreboot] [SeaBIOS] usb boot issue

Marshall Buschman mbuschman at lucidmachines.com
Fri Oct 14 18:00:39 CEST 2011

On 10/14/2011 10:49 AM, Wolfgang Kamp - datakamp wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> the problem occurs when I try to boot from USB Stick on AMD DBFT1 Persimmon board.
> I have tried a couple of sticks in different USB slots but it is always the same issue.
> If Ubuntu has booted from HD the stick will be recognized correctly.
> The log is attached. Tell me if you need more information.

In testing on the ASRock E350M1 (also SB800-based), I am not able to
correctly access USB disks under linux.
Reads fail and the USB disk device disappears and reappears. The time
before failure appears to be random, although the most data I've been
able to read from the device (using a simple file copy) is 500MB. I do
not believe failure will occur unless you attempt to read data from the
USB disk.

You said you're able to boot from the hard drive, and then read from the
USB disk correctly.
It would be interesting to know if once booted, you can read significant
quantities of data reliably.

I am guessing you will not be able to, and that whatever bug causes this
is also responsible for the USB boot issue.