[coreboot] DL145 G1 with dual dualcore CPU using coreboot ?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Sep 26 03:52:05 CEST 2011

Scott Duplichan wrote:
> ]the bootblock doesn't correctly set up ROM mapping correctly.
>
> That is a good point about rom mapping. According to the 8111
> document, only the top 64KB is decoded by default. Simnow confirms
> this, and won't boot the DL145 G1coreboot image.

Good find.

> If I manually issue these PCI config writes while execution is still
> in the top 64KB, the entire 512KB is decoded and simnow will boot
> the coreboot image:
>
> // write to AMD 8131 Link Command Register BUID field (bits 16-20)
> // with value 2 so that the 8111 can be accessed:
> -epcid 0 0 0 c0 00420008 // bus 0, dev 0, fun 0, reg 0xc0

Is it safe to blindly write this word in
src/northbridge/amd/amdfam10/bootblock.c ? I think this is what is
missing.

> // write to AMD 8111 Rom Decode Control Register and set bit 7
> // to enable LPC memory decoding of the top 4MB of 4GB space:
> -epcib 0 1 0 43 80 // bus 0, dev 1, fun 0, reg 0x43

This is already done in src/southbridge/amd/amd8111/bootblock.c for
device id 1022:7468 - is this the correct device for that board?

amd8111/Kconfig has

config SOUTHBRIDGE_AMD_AMD8111
        bool
        select IOAPIC
        select TINY_BOOTBLOCK

..and always pulls in bootblock.c. The function should get called.
But I think the northbridge config that Scott points to may be
missing.

//Peter