[coreboot] GSoC project ideas

Svetoslav Trochev svetoslav.trochev at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 23:17:46 CEST 2012

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Paul Geraedts <p.f.j.geraedts at gmail.com> wrote:

>> - Flash ICE device with SPI support.
>> - Flash ICE device with LPC/FWH support.
>> - Serial emulation for LPC buses on a configurable I/O port with USB
>> output on the other side.
>> - Dual serial emulation for two LPC buses either on the same device or
>> with two identical devices and a fast bus in between.
>> - Serial emulation for PCI buses (i.e. PCI/serial card).
>
> Currently I am working towards items 1 and 3 of your list. Eventually I
> want to use this hardware to replace the flash content of my MSI Wind
> U100 netbook with free software (openec, coreboot, seabios, ipxe, grub2,
> etc). I want to keep my implementation sufficiently generic to allow for
> extensions like items 2, 4 and 5 of your list.

I am also interested in item 1. [1] But looks like you are far ahead
of me. :) Currently I am waiting for my hardware to arrive. I ordered
Open Workbench Logic Sniffer [2]. Do you think I can help you in your
work?

Best regards,
Svetoslav

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2012-March/068993.html