[coreboot] blobs

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Apr 19 00:46:48 CEST 2012

Marc Jones wrote:
> Also, we should talk about how this gets pulled in with the coreboot
> tree. Should/could the coreboot make/kconfig pull in the blobs repo?
> Should we use git submodules or subtree merge?  Any git expert
> comments?

I suggest to use exactly the same method that we have developed for
when SeaBIOS is selected as payload in coreboot Kconfig.

That method is absolutely reliable, and means that the files will
never be downloaded until the first time that the user chooses to
build coreboot for a mainboard where they are actually needed.

The commit hash of a known good commit in the binaries repository
would be committed into the coreboot repository in the Kconfig file
for the mainboard.

//Peter