[coreboot] drivers/generic/ioapic enable_dev not called

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Fri Aug 17 16:30:23 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm working on ioapic_irq support on M2V-MX SE. While at it, I wanted to factor
out SB and NB ioapic initialization and use the generic ioapic driver. However I
never see that code from drivers/generic/ioapic.c is called.

I tried various devicetree combinations, but nothing works. I'm out of ideas,
possibly this has to do something that I do this on AMD system.

My first question is what is the difference between .enable and .enable_dev anyway?

I'm pasting here my "simple" devicetree.cb, the commented version does not work
either and I get complains that it is left over static device and no PCI device.

I think in both cases I got IOAPIC: 09 missing read_resources
And enable_dev is never called. I put there a printk.

Please can someone sched some light?

Thanks
Rudolf

chip northbridge/amd/amdk8/root_complex         # Root complex
   device lapic_cluster 0 on                     # APIC cluster
     chip cpu/amd/socket_AM2                     # CPU
       device lapic 0 on end                     # APIC
     end
   end
   device pci_domain 0 on                        # PCI domain
     subsystemid 0x1043 0 inherit
     chip northbridge/amd/amdk8                  # mc0
       device pci 18.0 on                        # Northbridge
         # Devices on link 0, link 0 == LDT 0

         chip southbridge/via/k8t890             # "Southbridge" K8M890

           device pci 0.0 on end                 # HT
           device pci 0.5 on
                 chip drivers/generic/ioapic
                     register "irq_on_fsb" = "1"
                     register "base" = "0xfecc0000"
                     device ioapic 9 on end
                 end
           end

         end #end NB chip
       end #end LDT0

       device pci 18.0 on end #LDT1
       device pci 18.0 on end #LDT2

       device pci 18.1 on end
       device pci 18.2 on end
       device pci 18.3 on end
     end #mc0

#                chip drivers/generic/ioapic
#                    register "irq_on_fsb" = "1"
#                    register "base" = "0xfecc0000"
#                    device ioapic 9 on end
#                end

   end #pci_domain
end #root complex