No subject

Sun Dec 9 17:34:17 CET 2012

want to read some partition information from, I would guess, the MBR -- and there is no MBR from the process we used to generate the
disk image file. I think that is the problem. I don't know much about qemu-img options that may get around this or if some FILO
options do this. I would guess that that would be where to try and find a way out of this.

I'm told, near the beginning, one can run fdisk on the image file, to create an MBR, but then adding the OS files becomes a problem
because you must copy them to some offset in the disk image file.

IS the problem that an MBR is needed and that it should have been created or is there something else to do, to make it boot without
an MBR?