[coreboot] Asus F2A85-M progress

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Dec 21 04:44:12 CET 2012

Andrey Gursky wrote:
> It turned out that I've made not the best choice of my gigabyte dual
> bios AM3+-motherboard, because they have changed the procedure of BIOS
> restoring from manual user controlled to automatic. And I couldn't
> find yet any information where this automatic is located.

They have a patent which describes how it works. A separate chip
needs firmware to perform a special handshake before a timer expires,
at which point the system is reset and the backup flash chip is
activated.

> Maybe it would be possible to workaround it.

You can lift the chip select pins from the mainboard and solder in a
switch. Something corresponding to what is described as the simple
modification at http://stuge.se/m57sli/

//Peter